What's squash? What's the time commitment? How much does it cost? What do I need to do to sign up? Where are practices? What kind of equipment do I need? When does the season start? Where do we get uniforms?
1. Please pay your Squash Fees asap using the link that was emailed to you
2. Please read your Staples Athletics Handbook. Deb Greenberg has extra copies
3. Match Attendance. You will be invited to your match through 203squash/ SportsEngine app. You MUST RSVP to the match. If for some reason you cannot attend, don’t just say “No”. Indicate the reason you cannot attend in the note below.
4. Players MUST arrive 30 minutes before a match.
5. Players MUST update their 203Squash SportsEngine profile with their cell number so that we can get hold of them in an emergency.
6. When not warming up, playing or refereeing, players should support their team-mates. It's OK to cheer for your teammates and applaud good rallies and good shots. It's not chess. Excessive hooping and hollering is not encouraged, it's not football.
7. Players can coach and give advice to their teammates between games, and it's good practice to do so. Although we don't need seven players coaching one person at once. It's better if one player (not the one that is refereeing) coaches.
8. We will update bus information prior to matches (see the calendar). Generally speaking, buses go to INTENSITY for practices ONLY. Evening matches are parent drop-off. Some matches, specifically those at Yale, St. Lukes, Hopkins, will have buses.
9. Take Photos and add them to our site. To take a photo with the SportsEngine Mobile App:
Step 1: Open the SportsEngine Mobile App and select your Team
Step 2: Select Photos
Step 3: Select All Photos
Step 4: Tap the Camera Icon
To add an existing photo from your Camera Roll on your phone, select Choose from Library, then select the album and photo that you want to upload.
To take a photo, select Take Photo. Take the photo and select Use Photo.
Step 5: Add a caption (optional)
Step 6: Select Save